Quest Student Research Institute is a US tax-exempt 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Gifts are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
Importance of Student Research
- Often times, research inspires students to achieve higher goals in their education while sharpening their life-long skills, including critical thinking, problem solving, inquiry, analysis, collaboration, and communication. In addition, it gives students a head start in forming a professional network in their area of interest. HERE is an excellent article by the Association of American Colleges & Universities explaining the evidence-based benefits of undergraduate research.
- Read about benefits of undergraduate (and high school) research HERE from a student perspective by a mentor at the Penn State University.
All summer research internships at Quest are at no charge to all participating students. Additionally, we are able to provide research stipends in the form of fellowships to eligible students.
Throughout the year, we apply for grants and organize fundraising activities so that we can provide our research internships at at no cost to students and financially support those eligible for research stipends. Each grant has different requirements (such as low income or disabled students) and may be specific to certain research projects.
Financial Management & Transparency
- We strive to reduce costs that are not directly related to student research
- Once you donate to us, you can request a full report on exactly where your money was spent
- Currently, there are no administrative costs and 100% of donations are used for programs and services
- See our DONATE page for current financial breakdown of our spending for public donations